{soul food}


Happy Sunday! It's been hot and humid here so I've been eating tons of fresh fruits lately and they're always so pretty that I can't help but ask them to pose for a quick photo before they all meet their unfortunate, but tasty, demise. I know I've been absent from the blog for a bit, but I do plan on being back more this week- the problem with trying to have a blog focused primarily around one's own content is that well, the whole blog then becomes dependent on the quality of my activities and experiences, and that's a tall order. But I'm working on it! I hope you have a lovely and relaxing Sunday full of all sorts of pleasant things that make you strong for the week ahead!

{Soul food} is my term for the things that keep me moving in life, that inspire me and refill the "spring of my soul," so to speak. Sometimes soul food is an image, sometimes it's in the form of a book, a single poem, or even a film. At other times, soul food is that cup of tea had at just the right moment, or that homemade bread you decided to make even though you'd rather lay like a puddle of goo on the floor. The point is, soul food is anything that lifts you up, that makes you feel inspired or whole, anything that makes you stop and breathe, anything that gives you the strength to keep marching on.

No comments: