Dalliance


I've been talking a lot lately about trying to live the creative life that I've always dreamed of living, and of beginning to do some of the things that I have always wanted to do, great and small. While my monthly "to do" lists (see below) are a great way of exploring some of these things, others are rather too large for such a format requiring much more time and well, study. Hence, my photography dalliance.

"Can you have a photography dalliance?" one may ask and I think that the answer is a fairly resounding, "yes." For the more I try to learn about my camera, the more convinced I am that it and I have been having just such a dalliance all of these years- me taking advantage of it's wonderful intelligent auto, while underneath that casual exterior it secretly contained a wealth of secrets and complexities. It's only now that I am beginning to learn about aperture, shutter speeds, and how on earth to manually focus, that I actually realize that I barely know a thing about my camera. to say nothing of taking photos- and all at once I feel this great rush of awe for all of those great photographers who actually had to do so much work to get a fabulous photo instead of just sliding the setting knob and clicking.

But I'm learning, or trying to, and it's exhilarating, and exhausting, and frustrating, all at the same time. But it's an adventure- there is no denying that, and I am rather fond of adventures.

No comments: